Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Nom nom nom

It's been awhile since I posted anything food related. (He heh, or anything for that matter!) But I think I'm finally getting back into the groove of it. It helps to have a couple new cookbooks in my greedy little hands. My new favorite one is by one of my favorite food bloggers, Nom Nom Paleo,Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans I've been cooking her recipes since the beginning of my paleo journey and I've never been disappointed. So when she came out with a real-hold-in-your-hands-cookbook. I was all in. 

I love this cookbook. I love the pictures, both real and cartoon. I love the way the recipe are written and the tips and information given in each recipe. I love that it lays flat when open! It's a great cookbook all around.

 I've made several recipes out of it so far, but I actually remembered to take pictures of these specific two. The first is "Uova in Purgatorio". Eggs and spaghetti sauce? Really? Really! I was skeptical at first, but because I'm always looking for ways to spruce up the egg, I decided to try it. 


Oh.My.Word. Goodness in a bowl is what this is. And surprisingly, my picky family liked it too. This will be eaten again at my house for sure!

Funny thing is, the second recipe also deals with eggs. I wanted to make deviled eggs for a get-together, but I wanted to make something different. So, I decided to try her recipe for "Bacon-topped Deviled Eggs".  In order to make these, I also needed to make her "Five Minute Bacon Aioli". 


So I did. Although these took a bit more time than I usually put into deviled eggs, it was so utterly worth it. These were my favorite deviled eggs of all time. So, so good. And everyone else thought so too, even my friend who isn't much of a deviled egg fan. There was nothing left, every single egg was gobbled up. I will definitely be making these again!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails